Get your business online with these quick steps
How to get your business online quickly and easily
With more people searching for local businesses every day, it has become imperative to get your business online or get left behind.
And while it may seem like a daunting task to get your business online, in reality it’s actually very easy. That’s why we’ve compiled this guide with easy to understand, easy to follow steps to get your business online quickly.
To get started, you’re going to need a website, domain name and hosting. Then once that’s done, you’ll need to get started with marketing.
Before we go through the purchase process, let’s briefly discuss domains, hosting and websites.
What they are and why you need them:
A domain is the name registered for your website and email. It is the address where you visit a website, ie. www.exclusiveweb.co.za, and it is the address where you send emails to and from, ie. email@example.com.
You need a domain name if you’re going to have a website and use emails. And while you could get a free email address from google or similar, having a unique domain will add a lot more credibility and trust.
What it is and why you need it:
If you think of your domain name as a physical address (like your business address), hosting can be likened to your business premises. So hosting is where your website and emails are stored, while a domain name is the address where they are located.
Why you need a website:
You may be wondering why you need a website when you have access to free social media. The answer is that social media isn’t enough. Since we’ve written an in depth article about the benefits of having a website for your business we’re just going to list a quick summary of those benefits here:
- It adds credibility
- You can showcase your company
- Your audience isn’t limited
- It’s available 24/7
- Save money on advertising
- Update more easily than printed materials
- Attract new customers
How do I know which package to choose?
Looking at all the options available, you may be unsure which package to choose. So let’s take a look at those packages and discuss which one is best suited to your needs.
- Budget: This package is best suited to small brochure type websites where your website is only used to showcase your business and you don’t need a lot of email space. Think in terms of a small company (less than 5 individuals). It’s a good package to start with and if you notice that you’re running out of space, you can always upgrade later.
- Personal: This package is better suited to small websites with blogs such as WordPress.
- Startup: This package is ideal for medium sized business websites which need more email storage space. Think in terms of a slightly larger company with 5 – 10 individuals.
- Business: This package is suitable for large websites and blogs which need even more email storage and space. Such as a medium sized company with up to 30 individuals.
- Enterprise: This package is ideal for large companies and eCommerce websites which need a lot of space. It’s ideal for companies with more than 30 employees.
- One-Page: This is ideal for one page brochure type websites. All information about the business, products / services and contact forms will be on one page. This package is perfect for those who want a website but don’t have a lot of information for the website.
- Personal: This is ideal for most standard brochure type websites where more information is available or a blog is required. This package is perfect for websites up to 5 pages.
- Business: This package is perfect for websites up to 10 pages. Most business websites fall under this category.
- Enterprise: This package is perfect for websites up to 20 pages.
- Custom: This is ideal for customized websites such as eCommerce stores, business directories or websites that need more functionality and more than 20 pages.
Now that we know what a domain name is, why you need hosting and why social media isn’t enough, let’s go through the process of purchasing a website design package. (The process is the same for all hosting packages)
Purchase Process to Get Your Business Online
Step 2: Enter your domain of choice and click check. If the domain is available it will automatically be added to your shopping cart. If you wish, you can add more domains before continuing.
Step 3: Choose your billing cycle, check that you have the correct package selected, then click continue.
Step 4: If you wish to add domain ID protection, you can do so here before clicking continue. ID protection masks all your personal information when someone does a WHOIS search on your domain.
Step 5: Double check your package, domain and cart total. If you have a promo code, you can enter that then validate it before clicking checkout.
Step 6: Enter all your details here, then scroll down. Please note, you’ll need to enter details for everything that isn’t marked as optional.
Step 7: Tick the “I have read and agreed to the Terms of Service” box then click complete order. When you click on the word “Terms of Service” a new page will open with the Terms of Service.
Step 8: After clicking Complete Order, you’ll be redirected to the invoice page where you can click Pay Now. If you choose Subscribe, the payment gateway (PayFast) will automatically debit your account each month. Please note that we do not keep any card details.
Step 9: Choose your payment method of choice then continue with payment. Once payment is completed, you’ll be redirected to your client zone.
Step 10: You’ll receive emails from us confirming your order and payment as well as an email containing your account details. Please keep this last email safe as you’ll need the login details to access your client zone and services.
So your website is up and now you’re wondering how to get visitors to your website. This is where marketing comes in. We’ve written a detailed guide on marketing your business on a budget, so here’s a quick summary list for you:
- Research and Planning
- Identify your target market
- Understand your clients’ needs, wants, and demands
- Determine the benefits of your product or service
- Kill the elevator pitch
- Create content and trust
- Build credibility and trust
- Create appealing content
- Market your business for free with these tools
- Give something away for free
- Email marketing
- Social Media
- Business Directory Listings
- Ask for referrals
- Email signatures
- Evaluate, revise then do it again
- Do it again
Get your business online video tutorial
So to get your business online and ahead of the competition you need a domain name, hosting, a website and marketing.
- HubSpot – 16 Stats That Prove the Importance of Local SEO
- wpforms – The Ultimate List of Online Business Statistics (2019)
- 7 Ways to Make Visitors Love Your Website
- How does Google find my Website
- What is SEO and How it works?
- How to secure your WordPress website
- How to be a proactive shared hosting customer
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you...
Help us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!